McCall Law is your Florence, SC, criminal defense lawyer, helping you fight and respond to criminal charges. We’ll roll up our sleeves and work to protect your rights.
Contact us today for your free consultation. Call 843-279-8148 or email us. We can start your case right away.
Lawyer for Criminal Charges in Florence, SC
Have you been charged with a crime in Florence, SC? Are you the subject of a criminal investigation? You need a lawyer for criminal charges in Florence, SC. Criminal charges can change your life. The process can seem daunting. You have important rights – but how do you go about exercising them effectively?
McCall Law is a criminal defense law firm serving Florence and the surrounding areas. We’re taking new cases. To talk about your case, call 843-279-8148 today.
Criminal Charges We Defend Against
South Carolina drug charges include possession, trafficking, distributing, and manufacturing. Substances include marijuana, cocaine, heroin, fentanyl, and analogues. Our drug crime lawyer will look at all elements of the offense, possibilities for defense, and options to respond to the charges.
DUI investigations are highly technical. Field sobriety testing and chemical testing must be done correctly. Law enforcement officers may make mistakes or fail to follow procedures. The result may be a defense to the charges against you. Our DUI lawyer looks at all aspects of DUI defense, including taking your case to trial, plea bargains, DUI court and other options. We can also assist with implied consent and administrative proceedings regarding your license.
White collar crime
White collar crime may include fraud, embezzlement, falsifying documents, counterfeit instruments, money laundering, identity theft, tax evasion, and extortion. White collar crime defense involves carefully examining the charges, the state’s evidence, constitutional law, criminal defense procedures, and local prosecution practices. We provide an aggressive and thorough defense that is customized to your situation.
We can also help in any of these areas:
- Larceny, burglary, robbery
- Other motor vehicle offenses
Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer in Florence, SC
When you are facing criminal charges in Florence, SC, here are some reasons to choose McCall Law:
- We can start your case right away. Contact us as soon as you need help.
- Full service, complete representation. From your first arraignment through all pre-trial hearings and your trial, we’re here for you throughout your case.
- Law firm founder Chaquez McCall is highly credentialed to be representing individuals facing criminal charges. He is a graduate of North Carolina Central University School of Law. He worked as a judicial law clerk in the Florence Circuit Court, giving him insights into local court procedures.
- McCall Law looks for solutions for clients. We pursue all defenses and take cases to trial. We look for constitutional violations and pre-trial motions that may have your case dismissed. Each case receives a personalized evaluation and customized approach.
- Accessible and affordable. It’s our goal to serve our community. Start your case with a free consultation to learn more.
- We understand that bad things happen to good people. We know how serious criminal charges are. It’s our goal to serve our community with skill, respect, and determination.
Chaquez McCall is a lifelong resident of Florence. McCall Law handles cases throughout the area. We’re determined to help you with your problems as your criminal defense lawyer in Florence, SC.
What does a criminal lawyer do?
A criminal lawyer is a trained professional that represents a person charged with a crime. They help their client respond to and defend against criminal charges. They are legally trained to examine the issues, prepare a defense and handle the criminal case process.
Do I need to hire a lawyer?
Even a seemingly minor criminal matter can have significant consequences. It can impact your employment and other opportunities in the years to come in ways that you may not realize. You may face more serious charges in the future if you have a prior conviction. It’s always best to talk about the situation with a criminal lawyer.
How McCall Law Can Represent You in Criminal Defense
Here are some of the ways we may assist you:
- Investigating, contacting witnesses, building your defenses
- Arraignment and conditions of bond
- Preliminary hearings, pre-trial conferences
- Constitutional rights violations
- Pre-trial motion to suppress evidence, effectively resolving the charges
- Finding flaws in the evidence against you, defenses to each element of the charges
- Understanding the intent required and evaluating the state’s proof
- Negotiating a plea bargain
- Exploring qualifications for a deferral, diversion court, and alternative court proceedings
- Presenting your case at trial, challenging the case against you, and giving defenses
- Sentencing hearings and appeals, if necessary
We explain the options and answer your questions. Each defense is personal. The right thing to do depends on the strength of your case and your situation. We identify what you need to consider. Then, we represent you aggressively, appearing with you at each court appearance and advocating for your interests.
Criminal Court in Florence, SC
There are several courts in the Florence, SC, area where a criminal case may be heard:
If you receive an appearance notice, it’s important to double check the court information to ensure you appear in the correct court.
The Circuit Courts have general jurisdiction over most criminal matters. Florence County is part of the Twelfth Circuit Court, and Darlington County is part of the Fourth Circuit Court. Magistrate and Municipal Courts hear the most minor criminal offenses as set by statute. In addition to local courts, we also represent clients before the Court of Appeals and the South Carolina Supreme Court.
Free Consultation – Talk to a Criminal Defense Lawyer
Talk to a criminal defense lawyer at McCall Law at your free consultation. Get help with your criminal matter right away. See how we can defend you and assist you if you are facing criminal charges. McCall Law can represent you as early as today. Call 843-279-8148 or message us now to talk to our legal team.